||Benefits for the Individual Operator
- NERC approved Continuing Education Courses that aid in the maintenance of required certifications
- Economical and industry relevant training
- Participation in technical seminars
- Bi-annual conferences
- Professional networking
Benefits for Your Company
- Well trained professional System Operators
- Interaction and communication between neighboring operators that enhance the communications essential to the safe and reliable operation of interconnected electric systems
- Best-practice and Near Miss reviews that provide System Operators with the experienced-based feedback vital to sustained oeprational improvements.
Recent Training Topics
- Effective Communications
- Power Plant 101
- Protection & Control Reliability Standards
- Emergency Operating Standards
- Voltage Control
- Critical Thinking & Situational Awareness
- Sabotage/Physical Security
Annual Dues are $30
Sandy Dewees MS#58
PO Box 98910
Las Vegas, NV 89151
Regular membership is
open to current and former dispatchers, power system operations coordinators, etc.
Associate membership is open to anyone else who shares a common interest in the
© 2003 American
Power Dispatchers Association Inc.
Comments, Suggestions, Questions?